Sunday, September 12, 2010

Selamat Ketupat Day

I could be blogging about all the crap which ruined my mood this week and it would probably be on my mind for the next couple of weeks(it's really that crappy) but nah, I'd rather talk about the good since I am afterall.... Awesome :)

As some awesome people would know already, my step mom's family is Javanese malay so we celebrate Hari Raya. I had a good time catching up with my relatives from that side. Everyone's growing up so fast.. My step mom's brother got married last year and his kid is already turning 1 next month. What a pretty boy. My step mom's niece is already working as an educator in early childhood and another niece has her driver's licence already. People are growing up way too fast man..

I had a good, good time eating all the fooooooood. Went to visit momsies' family too. This is the first year Dulcie and I are able to celebrate Hari Raya with our real mom's family. They're malay too. Mom met momsies' family for the first time too. Ok, awkward... but I'm glad they met.

As usual, the money I collected from Hari Raya will go to Red Cross this year because I've never donated to Red Cross before besides the envelopes from school. Clearly, I don't deserve the money because I barely fast this month so I suppose it's not fair since the green packets are rewards for fasting through out the month.

Anyway, tomorrow we'll be having a gathering for my dad's biological father, the pyscho historian, his wife, Aunty Jean, Aunty Brenda, Uncle Denko, Ty-boy and I forgot who else. Flying buddy and Illy baby are coming over too :) Yay, I'm excited.

x

No comments: